Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lauraville House - Baltimore, MD

The Lauraville House
4528 Harford Rd
Baltimore, MD

What happens when you take a dark and a little run down neighborhood bar with some of the best bar food you'll ever eat, hand it over to new owners, and proceed to completely renovate and update it? I'm not sure, but I know I wasn't very impressed with the results. The folks around the bar were very nice and all, there was a juke box playing some Sinatra that seemed to please mostly everyone, but none seemed to want to stay long. The lights are way too bright for my liking, and after asking the bartender if the former cook was still working in the kitchen, were amazed she lied and said he was (the place has been closed for about a year or so). That and the fact a patron from the neighborhood had nothing good to say about the food left us ready to go as well. The crowd seemed even keeled enough with the exception of a louder than necessary ass-clown drinking and using language you normally here on a construction site (I'm no shrinking violet, but there are a fair number of women in the room - how about a little tact?). I'm willing to try this place later on down the road, but for now, I can't really find anything to like about this one...

No comments: